If you’re new to computers or just want to update your skills, you’ve come to the right place. Learn basic computer skills through GCF Learn Free tutorials. All GCFGlobal.org® content is available for free at edu.gcfglobal.org.:
- About This Tutorial Learn what’s covered in this free course.
- What is a Computer? Learn what a computer is and how it functions.
- Basic Parts of a Computer Learn the basic parts of a computer, including the monitor, computer case, and keyboard.
- Buttons and Ports on a Computer Learn the various ports and buttons on a computer.
- Inside a Computer Learn what’s inside a computer.
- Laptop Computers Learn more about laptop computers and how they differ from traditional desktop computers.
- Mobile Devices Learn how mobile devices work.
- Understanding Operating Systems Get a better understanding of operating systems and how they function.
- Understanding Applications Better understand applications and how they work.
Using a Computer
- Setting Up a Computer Learn know how to set up a computer.
- Getting Started with Your First Computer Get started with your first computer.
- Getting to Know the OS Get to know your computer’s operating system.
Using the Internet
- Connecting to the Internet Learn how to get online and start using the Internet.
- Getting Started with the Internet Learn how to get started with and navigate the Internet.
- Understanding the Cloud Gain a greater understanding of the cloud and how it works.
Safety and Maintenance
- Keeping Your Computer Clean Use these tips to keep your computer clean.
- Protecting Your Computer Employ these strategies to keep your computer well protected from threats.
- Creating a Safe Workspace Learn tips for creating a safe space at work.
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques Learn these basic troubleshooting techniques.
- How to Use Your Computer’s Built-in Help Learn how to use your computer’s built-in help function.
- Learning a New Program Use these tips for learning a new program, whatever it may be.
- Bringing Your Files with You Learn how you can bring your computer files and folders with you wherever you go.
- Using Accessibility Features Here’s how to use your computer’s various accessibility functions.
- Computer Basics Quiz Test your knowledge of computer basics by taking our quiz.